But installing Leopard on top of this virgin Tiger was not a walk in the park. I've been hit with a host of strange problems. Issues I never saw on the earlier Leopard builds that I've fought (and am still fighting):
- Hard Drives (or their icons) not showing up on the desktop or in the Finder yet the files and applications are still happily working away.
- Admin users having all the abilities of a lowely Standard user
- The dreaded (and usually quite rare) grey screens of death making more appearances in three days then I've seen in a whole year on 3 machines combined.
- Parrallels refusing to start and wanting a re-install
- Screen savers requiring an admin password instead of the credentials of the user that kicked off the screen saver in the first place.
- And last but not least my laptop battery lasting only 90 minutes when it used to last 3 hr+