PhilPaper Feed

09 January, 2009

Stump the Amazon Turk with the iPhone

Quick post for you iPhone users. I have a new past time, I call 'Stump The Amazon Mechanical Turk'. Amazon has a nice iPhone application called Amazon Mobile.


The coolest feature is the ability to take a picture of something you just have to have and Amazon will magically find the item for you. You will receive an email pointing to the must have item. But, you can take it up a notch and play 'Stump the Amazon Mechanical Turk' by taking pictures of items that there is a low probability of them finding.

For example, I took this picture:



And Amazon returned with this one.

Not quite what I wanted. Mine was your typical Snowman Ceramic Bell that everyone has sitting on their end table. You know, the one that somehow escaped the post-holiday packing. So far I'm 2 for 2 on this game.

So give it a try and let me know if you can come close to my perfect 'Stump the Mechanical Turk' score!

Happy Stumping!

Quello e tutto per oggi!

No comments: