PhilPaper Feed

13 September, 2010

iWork - Maintenance Scheduled

I've been a long time fan of Apple's iWork applications. Pages, the word processor is very flexible and the price is pretty good considering you get Keynote (presentation app) and Numbers (spreadsheet). But one of my favorite and what I consider to be the most useful features is the ability to post my documents to iWork.com.

From there I can share my documents with co-workers, friends and family. They can view the document on the web, leave comments and even download a copy if I allow such a thing. The beauty is they can download as a PDF, Word document or Pages. Pretty much anyone I work with can easily see the docs the way I created them.

I just uploaded a new doc, a job proposal my company is putting together. Everything was going great until I noticed that Apple has a message on iWork saying:

"Scheduled Maintenance: 9/16/2010 iWork.com will be unavailable on Sept 16 from 21:30 PDT to Sept 17 00:30 due to scheduled maintenance."

Three hours of maintenance? Or are we getting some new features? I don't know but I hope so. What new features would be included? Those are questions to ponder this morning.

No comments: